The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Looking for a Digital Interface for SM7B
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Looking for a Digital Interface for SM7B

I'm looking to upgrade my audio setup after my old roland quad capture conked out on me. Currently have a SM7B which works great. Never had any issues with it apart from getting clean gain. Which is why I'm getting a cloudlifter to pair up with it. I'm still not sure which audio interface to get to hook it up to my PC. Looking to get into streaming and such now that I got my new computer built a few weeks ago. I am in Canada and I'm looking to spend around $250 or so on a new interface. I know there's so much out there and every site or comparison out there mentions something different.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Highly recommend Audient ID14. I have recorded much sm7 through it and even though I now have more expensive mics and pres, I still use the Audient and sm7 interchangeably from time to time, even within the same track.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zasterz View Post
Highly recommend Audient ID14. I have recorded much sm7 through it and even though I now have more expensive mics and pres, I still use the Audient and sm7 interchangeably from time to time, even within the same track.
How about the Audient ID4? The ID14 is 400 CAD where as the ID4 is 250 CAD or so and right in my budget. Just curious if there's any difference. I won't ever be using more than 1 mic anyways.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

"We are the only company that use the same Class-A mic pre design throughout our entire product range."

From their website.

Yeah, with more inputs, you are absolutely paying more for the additional pres.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschizoid View Post
How about the Audient ID4? The ID14 is 400 CAD where as the ID4 is 250 CAD or so and right in my budget. Just curious if there's any difference. I won't ever be using more than 1 mic anyways.
There's a thread about it here. Apparently they use different converters, but it doesn't make any audible difference. I'm sure the ID4 is perfectly fine if you don't foresee needing the additional input or ADAT capability.

Audient ID4 vs Audient ID14

I can't say enough good things about the Audient preamp/conversion. I choose it over my $1500+ Aurora (Neve-style) for guitars much of the time.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

The Audient ID4 has plenty of mic gain so you might not even need to buy a Cloudlifter to use it with an SM7B.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDrake View Post
The Audient ID4 has plenty of mic gain so you might not even need to buy a Cloudlifter to use it with an SM7B.
Yeah I tried a cloudlifter on my SM7>ID14 chain and it wasn’t adding anything (wondered if it was maybe even dulling the tone a little bit?) so I sold the cloudlifter.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search