The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Vocal effects devices, worth it?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I just came across this the other day. I wonder what does it do exactly? Does anyone own one like that and what kind of real life scenario would you use one in?

https://www.amazon.co.jp/Roland-%E3%...gateway&sr=8-3
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
IT Depends. on many things, especially personnel preferences. Its worth it? If it gets you the desired results for your vocals. Its not worth it, if it doesn't. To each their own. We are all not the same.
Quote:
I just came across this the other day. I wonder what does it do exactly? Does anyone own one like that and what kind of real life scenario would you use one in?
It has EQ, vocoder, reverb, delay and pitched effects. So if you want those kinds of sounds, you wold use it. You can use it in any vocal scenario you wanted. its just like any other effect, you use it when and only needed. It also has MIDI, so you can connect a MIDI keyboard to it.

It edits your vocals and im sure you can run other instruments through it as well. Just like any other effect.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Mastering View Post
IT Depends. on many things, especially personnel preferences. Its worth it? If it gets you the desired results for your vocals. Its not worth it, if it doesn't. To each their own. We are all not the same.

It has EQ, vocoder, reverb, delay and pitched effects. So if you want those kinds of sounds, you wold use it. You can use it in any vocal scenario you wanted. its just like any other effect, you use it when and only needed. It also has MIDI, so you can connect a MIDI keyboard to it.

It edits your vocals and im sure you can run other instruments through it as well. Just like any other effect.
Thanks! I see. So you would say this is more for live situations? Because if it's a studio recording, I can manipulate the audio in post.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Thanks! I see. So you would say this is more for live situations? Because if it's a studio recording, I can manipulate the audio in post.
It can be used for both
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Mastering View Post
It can be used for both
Awesome, thanks!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search