The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Ssl sound
Old 3 weeks ago
  #1
Here for the gear
 
saga legin's Avatar
Ssl sound

Hi all,

Was wondering what instruments and genres ssl strips/ssl boards etc have

been/would be used for the most in mixing/what do they shine on?
Old 3 weeks ago
  #2
For over a decade, pretty much anything you would hear on the radio was done on SSL. Also old E and G series differ from newer models. Nevertheless I think primarily rock and rap/hiphop with regard to SSL.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #3
As previously mentioned, there is no generic "SSL Sound", there are significant differences between their product line - for example a 4K console vs a 9K or AWS or Duality.

OP, can you provide more clarification as to what exactly you are looking for?
Old 3 weeks ago
  #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by saga legin View Post
Hi all,

Was wondering what instruments and genres ssl strips/ssl boards etc have

been/would be used for the most in mixing/what do they shine on?
The SSL board can shine on anything, just like any mixing board. It just depends on who is operating it. You can buy the bets hammer, but will that build you a million dollar house, nope!!
Old 3 weeks ago
  #5
Here for the gear
 
saga legin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchlomo View Post
For over a decade, pretty much anything you would hear on the radio was done on SSL. Also old E and G series differ from newer models. Nevertheless I think primarily rock and rap/hiphop with regard to SSL.
Thanks for your reply i do alot of rnb, rap, pop stuff was wondering where my ssl

xlogic would be best used as far as mixing vocals, gutiar, keyboards etc
Old 3 weeks ago
  #6
Here for the gear
 
saga legin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambamboom View Post
As previously mentioned, there is no generic "SSL Sound", there are significant differences between their product line - for example a 4K console vs a 9K or AWS or Duality.

OP, can you provide more clarification as to what exactly you are looking for?
I have a superanalouge xlogic. I do alot of hiphop, rnb, pop stuff so was wondering as far as mixing what would be the best use for the channel strip...mixing vocals, guitar, keyboards etc...plus use it for subtractive eq compressing drums. Basically where it would shine the most in a mixing situation

Thank you
Old 3 weeks ago
  #7
Here for the gear
 
saga legin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Mastering View Post
The SSL board can shine on anything, just like any mixing board. It just depends on who is operating it. You can buy the bets hammer, but will that build you a million dollar house, nope!!

Lol thanks for your reply i got ya
Old 3 weeks ago
  #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by saga legin View Post
Thanks for your reply i do alot of rnb, rap, pop stuff was wondering where my ssl

xlogic would be best used as far as mixing vocals, gutiar, keyboards etc
The XLogic sounds quite clean and open, should work great on anything.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump