The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Quickest Ways To Measure Integrated LUFS Values?
Old 1 week ago
Quickest Ways To Measure Integrated LUFS Values?

Is there a way to quickly and accurately measure the integrated LUFS of a track?

I find myself to be repetitively trying to nail a target loudness value, for tracks that I master... and I have to press play, and let either iZotope Insight or Youlean Loudness Meter measure it... but it has to play the entire track (so I hit play, go AFK, come back... and repeat until I nail it, then make sure its not distorting or clipping in a bad way, at the loudest spots... then render).

Playback at 8X or a quick button should be available some where?

What say you?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Nugen Audio LM-Correct

Sound Forge Pro 12 or 13.

There are probably others. Neither of the above are cheap.

LM-Correct will adjust the level of a file to a specified target integrated loudness number. It will apply an inter-sample peak limiter if necessary. But you can also just measure without modifying.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

I use the Loudness function in the sws-extension
http://www.sws-extension.org/
In Reaper.

It’s great!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

What's your DAW? In Pro Tools for example you can load up Insight as an Audiosuite plugin and just hit "analyze" and it'll go as fast as it can through the highlighted file. In Nuendo you can use a faster-than-realtime statistic analysis. I forget where it's located. It's in one of the menus. Also on a file ("event").

If you're talking about your entire mix and not just clips/events/files then that's a different matter. In Nuendo as far as I can recall you can use a loudness track and you can trigger a non-realtime analysis on it. Pro Tools has no such option that I'm aware of. Best I can think of is just biting the bullet and bouncing/exporting the mix and measuring the file.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search