The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 no audio problem!
Old 9th July 2019
Here for the gear

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 no audio problem!

Hi, my problem is that i have no hear-able audio output in my studio monitors when i playback some music at a normal volume, however if i crank the monitor gain knob up to max on my Focusrite 2i2 and crank the volume knob to max on my monitors i can hear really low audio output that sounds muffled. Everything is fine when i listen in my headphones and i can record vocals clearly too. It's really frustrating because everything was working perfectly 4-5 days ago when i last used them. This is my 2nd 2i2 box and i've only had it a few months.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Ben
Old 9th July 2019
Gear Head
What's the volume set to on your computer? In general I'd have the computer volume set to 100% when going through the Focusrite 2i2 (mine is a 2nd gen).

That's probably not the problem since you say it still works through the Focusrite headphone output, but whenever I've had a similar problem it's been because I adjusted the volume on the computer instead of the Focusrite.
Old 21st July 2019
Here for the gear

This may sound overly obvious but you might have a physical connection problem. You may have a faulty XLR or other cable somewhere along the way only halfway plugged in, loose, or otherwise funky. If you have the means to test those cables o a verified working system, try that and rule them out.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

This may sound even more obvious but check volume levels on back of monitor. You get sound thru headphones, so the interface is connected. Bad cable would makes sense on one monitor, but 2 is strange.

You might have a faulty unit.
Blown monitors
Bad output jacks
Or.. windows update that messed up your settings. If you have windows, it's in your control panel-hardware and sound.
Make sure your outputs are correct with volume all the way up.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Never said what OS you are running, but if its a MAC try a hard reset by pulling the USB cable out then back in... Let OS core audio do its thing and it might clear it.
if its Windows I am stuck..

BTW, I think a few years ago Focusrite had a few issues with faulty units and they replaced a lot of them back then.. might be you have had some bad luck and got the older versions.

But hope you get it sorted..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search