The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
DT 990 Pro - Next generation or something?
Old 4th July 2019
Gear Head

DT 990 Pro - Next generation or something?

I love these headphones. They are great and by no means do I NEED to change em. However, I'm always looking to improve.

My question is - Are there any headphones out there like the DT 990 Pro but better? Maybe they support a broader frequency range? Maybe they have a flatter frequency response? Etc.... Obviously it needs to be HIGHLY accurate, and probably open back as well.

EDIT: I guess something like the DT 990 Pro but with more low end. I know that's difficult w open back headphones but that would be the perfect situation.
Old 5th July 2019
Gear Maniac

the 880 is supposed to be the best in that range, even though it is the middle number of 770 880 990.
Old 6th July 2019
Gear Head

After further research. 990s suck for mixing and any kind of engineering IMO. Far from flat.

I'm going w the HD600 as a lot of people use them for mixing/mastering. And much flatter than the DT's that I own.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

So you went from "these are great” to "these things suck" just by looking at other people's opinions?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofalkurself22 View Post
So you went from "these are great” to "these things suck" just by looking at other people's opinions?
Lol I was amused too, though we've all been there i think

I have the 990's - far as i can tell, they're more for tracking and recording; they're closed back - they also have a lot of bass, relatively speaking

To sort of balance it out, I bought a pair of Sennheiser HD660S - they have more sort of flat/ prominent mids and low mids, but they have no bass. They're open back (less suitable for tracking ie. recording)
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

There's more to a good headphone than just the frequency response. FWIW, the HD600's aren't perfect either.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer View Post
There's more to a good headphone than just the frequency response. FWIW, the HD600's aren't perfect either.
Sure; I didn't say they were - my point was you compare them to the sound of the 990's and it's like you're listening to a different piece of music - neither is right or wrong

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search