The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Help! RME BABYFACE V1 Headphones as Output?
Old 11th June 2019
Gear Addict

Help! RME BABYFACE V1 Headphones as Output?

Help!

Spent hours trying to work out if it's possible to use the headphone out on the breakout cable for the RME Babyface as additional outputs. I just cannot get this to work and either its because I am completely stupid or what I am trying is not possible with the Babyface hardware limitations.

The Problem

I want to route individual stems out of ableton through my hardware for mixing. The babyface only has 2 XLR outputs which are being used for my monitors.

There is an trs output via the headphones out.

I was thinking, maybe I could just use a trs cable from the headphone out. But the headphone out is sending the whole software mix, and I can't seem to be able to select the headphone out as a channel in ableton.

Is anyone doing this successfully? Any help advice much appreciated.

One Possible Solution

Given that this doesn't seem to be working as easy as I expected, I was thinking, can I not utilise the digital outputs? I have a Behringer Ultramatch which has ADAT in/Out linked up to my babyface. I rigged it up and was expecting to simply route audio out of the analogue output on the UltraMatch whilst linked to the RME unit.

Once again though, ableton is not recognising this as a legit audio channel.

Driving me insane. Is there something additional I need to do in TotalMix?
Old 17th June 2019
Gear Addict

Quick bump.

Have identified that babyface headphone out is channel 3 and 4. However, the headphone out sends whole mix so even if you assign track to output 3 and 4 on the external instrument effect in ableton, when you record the effect it captures all the other tracks in your session too. Any work around anyone can suggest?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

did you have any luck?

trying to do the same myself !

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search