The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Phase switching all your auxes?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Phase switching all your auxes?

Hello,

ok, stupid question I never thought about but here it goes:

When you have loads of auxes, for exemple on your vocals, do you switch polarity on every single aux or is it useless since as each one is processed it won't phase with the original ?

Also, can you guys give me tips on your favorite lead vocals typical auxes?

Thanks a lot!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybille View Post
Hello,

When you have loads of auxes, for exemple on your vocals, do you switch polarity on every single aux or is it useless since as each one is processed it won't phase with the original!
I’m not sure that I understand your question. If you are asking if I flip polarity on aux returns to determine which position sounds best to me with the rest of the mix, yes, I often (but not always) do that check. I doesn’t matter how many auxes there are, the process is the same.

The more aux returns you have from the same source, the more options you can explore in checking polarity of the various returns against each other, as well as against the original track and the mix. It can turn into a ridiculous waste of time if you chase and re-chase all the rabbits. I quickly get to the point of deciding to simplify.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
I’m not sure that I understand your question. If you are asking if I flip polarity on aux returns to determine which position sounds best to me with the rest of the mix, yes, I often (but not always) do that check. I doesn’t matter how many auxes there are, the process is the same.

The more aux returns you have from the same source, the more options you can explore in checking polarity of the various returns against each other, as well as against the original track and the mix. It can turn into a ridiculous waste of time if you chase and re-chase all the rabbits. I quickly get to the point of deciding to simplify.

Thanks a lot, exactly what I meant. I'll do that check too now.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search