The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Help to use Yamaha MG10XU Spatial Processor Plugins
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Help to use Yamaha MG10XU

I just purchased a barely used Yamaha MG10XU mixer. I have been an audio engineer for 30+ years but am new to usb recording. I am curious as to what I need to use this mixer to record to computer. I am assuming I need proper operating system on computer and usb driver. I also understand that the mixers came with cubase AI originally, but since I bought it used, I don't have this software. I guess I need to know hook up configuration, and whether or not I need special software or computer program to start recording. Any help, would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dennis
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deni Downs View Post
I just purchased a barely used Yamaha MG10XU mixer. I have been an audio engineer for 30+ years but am new to usb recording. I am curious as to what I need to use this mixer to record to computer. I am assuming I need proper operating system on computer and usb driver. I also understand that the mixers came with cubase AI originally, but since I bought it used, I don't have this software. I guess I need to know hook up configuration, and whether or not I need special software or computer program to start recording. Any help, would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dennis
Personally for me, i do not like using USB mixers as an audio interface. I like to use a regular rack mounted USB interface and not even deal with a mixer. That is just my personnel preference.

For you, if you intend on using that mixer as an audio interface, you should do these things first.
1. Go to that mixers website and download the latest drivers for your PC's operating system.
2. Disable your on-board sound card in your PC
3. Configure your new mixer/interface in your DAW(Cubase) and make sure you use the correct driver mode, like ASIO,. Try different ASIO buffer settings until you get the latency and DAW performance you want.
4. also make sure you define the ins and outs in Cubase (DAW) toi your mixer/interface.

If you never did this before, you have a little learning curve , but the good thing in these days is that there is a video for everything now. I wish i had the net 35 years ago
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deni Downs View Post
Thanks,
Dennis
Computer + OS + Yamaha USB driver + whatever software you want to use.
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Mastering View Post
Personally for me, i do not like using USB mixers as an audio interface. I like to use a regular rack mounted USB interface and not even deal with a mixer. That is just my personnel preference.

For you, if you intend on using that mixer as an audio interface, you should do these things first.
1. Go to that mixers website and download the latest drivers for your PC's operating system.
2. Disable your on-board sound card in your PC
3. Configure your new mixer/interface in your DAW(Cubase) and make sure you use the correct driver mode, like ASIO,. Try different ASIO buffer settings until you get the latency and DAW performance you want.
4. also make sure you define the ins and outs in Cubase (DAW) toi your mixer/interface.

If you never did this before, you have a little learning curve , but the good thing in these days is that there is a video for everything now. I wish i had the net 35 years ago
Thank you much!!
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murky Waters View Post
Computer + OS + Yamaha USB driver + whatever software you want to use.
Thank you!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search