The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Zoom H6
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Zoom H6

Hi,

New to audio so bit of a basic question as I'm on a steep learning curve here.

Just purchased a Zoom H6 and I shall be using it with a Rode ntg2. I already have an xlr to 3.5mm lead and so can obviously plug this into the socket in the X/Y module.

My question is - am I likely to get a better/different sound quality if I use an xlr to xlr lead and use one of the other 4 dedicated inputs?

Thanks.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergal100 View Post
Hi,

New to audio so bit of a basic question as I'm on a steep learning curve here.

Just purchased a Zoom H6 and I shall be using it with a Rode ntg2. I already have an xlr to 3.5mm lead and so can obviously plug this into the socket in the X/Y module.

My question is - am I likely to get a better/different sound quality if I use an xlr to xlr lead and use one of the other 4 dedicated inputs?

Thanks.
I would always use XLR to XLR, especially with mics that need phantom power mics. Otherwise, phantom power will never reach the mic. It needs the XLR.

That said, this mic is also battery powered, so you can use that and your phantom power as well.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Thanks CJ, that's very helpful.

I have always used that mic with a battery, but would you say it is better to use phantom power as well, or just phantom power?
Old 4 weeks ago
I would always try and NOT use the battery power for the mic, as the battery is only at full strength for a short period of time.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Duly noted, I am a little wiser - thanks.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search