The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Connect monitors to MTC SPL Studio Monitors
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Connect monitors to MTC SPL

First and foremost I apologize if this is not the proper area to post in. If so please guide me to the appropriate thread.

Secondly, I have been lurking on these forums for years now but this will be my first time ever posting so cheers to that!

In the past I have built many very small home studios in my previous apartments. Small as in a microphone, an audio interface, and speakers. I am currently at a place in life where I can invest more money into my studio gear.

I have purchased a pair of HS8 monitor speakers, the HS8S sub, Apollo x6 interface, spl mtc 2381, and an Avalon vt737sp preamp for my mic. This is my first time purchasing/ using a sub, monitor/talkback box(2381), and an interface that is high caliber like apollo.

My problem is, because I am not a professional at any of this stuff as well as this being my first time having to connect this much equipment together I have been unsuccessful in getting any volume to come from my monitor speakers. Connecting the monitor speakers to the sub is pretty straight forward especially since they are of the same line/ brand. I have read the instruction manuals as well but still have had no success. What is the proper way to wire the speakers to the SPL to the Apollo x6 interface?

Could any one explain/ help with this?

Cheers,

onigiri

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search