The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
punchy rock vocals - delay rides
Old 15th May 2019
Here for the gear

punchy rock vocals - delay rides

So if you were going to ride a vocal delay for longer words in the chorus, would you use a 1/8 , 1/4 or just custom sync it to the track?

It seems to keep it dry/ punchy the 1/4 might be too long, just use a slap and 1/8? very little reverb?

What are you guys doing?
Old 15th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vashuba View Post
So if you were going to ride a vocal delay for longer words in the chorus, would you use a 1/8 , 1/4 or just custom sync it to the track?

It seems to keep it dry/ punchy the 1/4 might be too long, just use a slap and 1/8? very little reverb?

What are you guys doing?
For longer words or phrases, I’ll usually just pick what feeds the delay the best... so, a line like “hotel californis” I might just use California... or “Fornia”

A lot easier to get particular in the computer lol
Old 16th May 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by vashuba View Post

What are you guys doing?
I would have to listen to it first and then make a judgement on what sounds best.
All these settings depends on what we hear. Each scenario will be different, even when you want the same result, as all the track sin am ix effect each other differently

I would probably try a few different ways and chose the one i like the best.

That is what i suggest for you, as no one hear knows the:
The specific track you want to add a delay
The mix its in and how all the other tracks sound
Your personnel taste
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I use ducking reverb that is only there at tail. The Verse remains strong and clear. Or I use the Ducked delay in the same fashion.

Press the tap button at song temp, 1/2 or double speed depending.

Every effect rack unit is synch'd with the the other via Midi thru, as master / slave.

Without every instrument synch'd it would sound so sloppy live. The Keyboard, drum machine, Guitar and vocals.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search