The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How can they record all instruments at once?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveSampling View Post
Perhaps the mics are insensitive to surrounding noise. I know the famous shure mics are like that. You need a lot of sound pressure for it to pick up on anything. Let alone the partner standing beside you.
I really hated SHURE...

I had to scream in that thing to give me something. Idk I had a cheap one though...

Now I have RODE NT1 and it is much better.
I never understood what the thing with all those SHURE mics was.

Although I am a noob there was probably something I was doing completely wrong. Either way very annoying to work with them.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveSampling View Post
Perhaps the mics are insensitive to surrounding noise. I know the famous shure mics are like that. You need a lot of sound pressure for it to pick up on anything. Let alone the partner standing beside you.
Sensitivity is sensitivity. If the mic is not picking up the person next to you very well, it is not very sensitive. That means it won't pick you up very well either. Which means you will have to turn it up louder. Which means it will start picking up the person next to you more.

Some mics are more directional than others. Polar pattern is polar pattern. It doesn't change because the mic is more or less sensitive.

There are some differential mics, they are often arrays and are designed to favor close sounds over far. They are useful in things like phones and radios, and certain really high volume live situations. Not so common in the studio.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Okay you win.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search