The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Bit rate/wave file converter question Audio Interfaces
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Bit rate/wave file converter question

Hello all

Looking to get an old mbox Pro 2 so I can open some old pro tools file on pro tools 8 LE? The wave files are 96 kHz with a bit rate of 32. According to the mbox info the Pro 2 supports up to 24 bit.

Will this stop the file from opening.
I just need to open the file so I can export some midi and audio tracks into another DAW

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

M Broady
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I have a mastering program that automatically records to 32-bit floating point. My 24-bit interface has no problem playing the files back afterwards.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poinzy View Post
I have a mastering program that automatically records to 32-bit floating point. My 24-bit interface has no problem playing the files back afterwards.
Thanks for the quick responses. I was just googling about Pro tools 8 and it seem it will not support 32 bit regardless of the converter. So I might be out of luck. Still if the file opens but does not play I can hopefully export the midi and audio tracks
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Wow. I guess I must be out of touch or something. I hadn't heard of a name-brand audio program that didn't support 32-bit floating point.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poinzy View Post
Wow. I guess I must be out of touch or something. I hadn't heard of a name-brand audio program that didn't support 32-bit floating point.
Pro tools 8LE is an older version. The new version (12) will support 32 bit but can not (does not support) older pro tools files, which is the main problem.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search