The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Have an old synth i need to connect, help needed Audio Interfaces
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Have an old synth i need to connect, help needed

Hey guys. So today i just got an old synth basically for free and i need to connect it to my interface. What im wondering is if i got the cable connections right, since iv never played with a controller/synth before. Interface is umc404hd, keyboard is roland d70. I understand midi okay. So basically midi out from keyboard to midi in on the interface. Where it gets tricky for me is the audio outs on the keyboard since it has a lot of those... so it has both direct out and mix out L, R and i dont know which one to use. I ordered 2 ts guitar cables to connect my left and right output to my inputs on the interface.I hope thats the right way to do it ? What do you guys think abou the roland d70. The weight and the price kinda surprised me for an old synth
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murky Waters View Post
I know about the manual, i was basically asking if im using the right cables, and connecting them okay. I don't wonna read through 50 pages of a manual just to use something. I'm pretty shure there's someone here, that knows the answers to my questions...
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareSLO View Post
I know about the manual, i was basically asking if im using the right cables, and connecting them okay. I don't wonna read through 50 pages of a manual just to use something. I'm pretty shure there's someone here, that knows the answers to my questions...
One page. Page 16.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
One page. Page 16.
So if im reading the picture ok, the text is all blurry... its basically mix out l and r to my line inputs on the interface ? Guitar cable is ok for that right ?
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
So if im reading the picture ok, the text is all blurry... its basically mix out l and r to my line inputs on the interface ? Guitar cable is ok for that right ?
Right.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Right.
Thank you for not being too murky
Old 2 days ago
Gear Head

So i got the cables and midi is working fine through studio one using different samples etc... But i still cannot get the inbuilt synth sounds to be played over my monitors. I connected my mix out l and r on the synth to my line iputs 3 and 4 on the interface. The volume is turned half way up on the synth, and the gain on both inputs is about half way up also. What am i missing here ? Im setting this up for the first time, so excuse my noobishness.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
so it has both direct out and mix out L, R and i dont know which one to use.
use mix out Left and Right.

Buddha
Old 2 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG BUDDHA View Post
use mix out Left and Right.

Buddha
If you actually read my previous post, you would have realized i'v already done so, and there's still no sound coming out from my monitors. Maybe there's something i need to setup on my roland or something, i have no idea. That's why im asking around here.

Last edited by mareSLO; 2 days ago at 09:27 AM.. Reason: Adding pic

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search