The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Speaker connection
Old 15th April 2019
Here for the gear

Speaker connection

Hello there,

I'm having a problem with the connection of my speakers (Marantz LD20) to the amplifier (Rotel Ra-931), I have already tried to change the connections from one output to another but without sucess.

The problem is that I only get sound from one speaker at the time. So I got one speaker playing, when I disconnect the one playing (to try the other outputs) the speaker that was quiet started to play.

What kind of wizardry is this ???
Old 19th April 2019
Lives for gear
When I search for the units you mention, it appears that you are connecting an amplifier to an amplifier. There is a lot wrong with your post.
Old 19th April 2019
did you check to see if this "Power output for the Rotel RA-931: 30 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo)" is able to power your studio monitors.
Are the outputs of your monitors 1/4" mono or connected with something else? how are you connecting them together? Much info is missing and incomplete.

What are you using for connections? As this is most likely to be your problem.

Here s the manual for your amp. http://bwgroupsupport.com/downloads/.../RA-931-OM.pdf.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search