The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Techno style hardware synthesizer
Old 8th April 2019
Here for the gear

Techno style hardware synthesizer

Hi,

I hope this is the right place to post!

I am looking for a Techno synthesizer something with good presets for techno and that can be tweaked/effected.

Something that has those classic techy stabs to it.

I am thinking analog hardware so that you can get hands on not vst based.

Any help would be much appreciated - i have looked at the minilogue minibrute jp8000 mopho x 4. It would be great if somebody knew what i meant perhaps a synthesizer that is a bit of a work horse a go too in the studio for sound design.

Thanks Nick
Old 9th April 2019
Gear Head
Get a peak

Btw that's my answer to all synth questions now.

No but seriously though, get a peak

It does everything

I have 8 hardware synths, the peak is the latest purchase, I probably wouldn't have bought as many of the other ones if I started with the peak ..
Old 9th April 2019
Here for the gear

I tried to use the microbrute for exactly this, and came to the conclusion that I really REALLY need some polyphony to make nice stabs and techno-ish tracks.

If you want something economical, and can do without knobs, i'd reccomend looking at 90's rack synth modules. The Yamaha TX81 and Korg 03r/w are pretty highly praised, though i haven't tried them myself. They might not be for everybody.

I've been using a similar 1U rack synth, the Yamaha TG55 and I love it. It has quite a few preset sounds, and an equally large bank of user-preset sounds. 16 voice polyphony, built in effects, very advanced envelopes and multiple filters.

All of these modules can usually be set up over MIDI, and i've read that people have made custom control panel apps for them.

--Chris
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Maybe a sampler an old akai s5000 with some external effects

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search