The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Looking for a mixing and a mastering engineer for quick interview
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear
Looking for a mixing and a mastering engineer for quick interview

Hi everyone,

I’ll try to make this short so you don’t have to waste too much of your time.

My name is Arvin, I’m a student studying electronic music production and performance in Berlin. It’s been about a year more or less that I’ve been deeply engaged in the art of mixing and mastering and would like to make this as a living, professionally.

I am currently in my last year’s degree, and for this year, we have a project divided into two modules. The first half concentrates on finding, planning and evaluating a field of professional exploration whilst the second focuses on the practical production project and its evaluation. You’ve probably guessed it, I’d like to focus on Mixing and Mastering.

Being currently on the first half of the project, I would need to interview two professionals that make a living out of those fields. The interview consists of 6 questions, which you can answer as short or as long as you want. Here are the 6 questions in case you’d be interested:

1) How did you manage to find your first clients? how were you expanding it?
2) How long did it take for you to start making your first incomes? and make a living?
3) Overtime, how did your gear evolve? how did it impact the quality you were delivering?
4) Did you start as a freelancer/bedroom engineer, or working for a specific studio/company? would you have start in a different way?
5) Do you work with international customers, or artists that are more based in your region of residency?
6) Does the city/region where you work matter regarding customers? if so, how advantaging or disadvantaging can it be?

You can reply directly through this post, or if you want to keep it personal, by pm or email would work. If so please feel free to ask my email by pm

Thanks in advance,
Have a nice day!

PS: if I'm using Gearslutz it's because the two engineers I was supposed to interview this week ditched me last minute, and so thought that I could use this forum as a tool to find decent resources regarding engineers.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search