The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Roland VT-3 Issues Synthesizers (Others) (HW)
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Roland VT-3 Issues

So I have the Roland VT-3 Voice Transformer, and I have been having a problem with it for a while. Whenever I plug my headphones directly into the mixer, it transmits desktop audio through my pickup. People can hear my desktop audio. After a while, I found that if I changed the input in the Sound setttings on my PC, it would not pick up desktop audio, so it was good. The only downside of this is that I cannot use any of the effects from the VT-3 on the input. To explain further, the Recording options showing up in "Sound" are IN BYPASS and VT-3 Changer. The bypass option is the one that I can use without effects that does not pick up audio, making the latter the one that does pick up desktop audio but does allow me to use the effects. Now, I then experimented further and found that when I used the VT-3 Changer option, but plugged my headphones in anywhere other than directly into the VT-3, it would not pick up desktop audio while I was able to use the effects from the voice transformer, but I could not hear the altered audio perfectly live, since it would have to run on "Live Playback" in Windows, and would be ever-so-slightly delayed. This was a problem I did not run into when I had my headphones plugged directly into the VT-3. I would like to be able to use my VT-3 to mess around with friends while gaming and whatnot, so any help would be appreciated. Overall, I want to find out if there is a way to plug my headphones directly into the VT-3 and use the effects on it to alter my voice for others to hear, while not picking up desktop audio. I'm not really sure why this was a problem in the first place, but I haven't seen other threads about it. Thus, here I am. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Thanks for reading this far.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search