The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Newbie advice needed
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Newbie advice needed

I'm looking for equipment/softwareadvice to setup and use for 3 sitations, only the first is priority, as these are paid events.

• online live meditations, hypnosis, and webinars where the mic is out of view. My voice has to carry several tones, I dont know which, but they are what keep people awake in person but over my currently crappy system people fall asleep via online.

• audio only, recorded music and voice remixed meditations.

• audio only, my daughter singing with her guitar.

My budget is flexible, but I'd prefer $500-1000. I'm willing to learn what is required to use equipment that has a steeper learning curve. I'm a little shy on where to begin, and shy on time as I've been booked to do an event in 10 days for a few hundred people.

Thank you so kindly for your time and help. Even if you are short in that, a link to a useful thread that you may recall would be welcome.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
I'm looking for equipment/softwareadvice to setup and use for 3 sitations, only the first is priority, as these are paid events.

• online live meditations, hypnosis, and webinars where the mic is out of view. My voice has to carry several tones, I dont know which, but they are what keep people awake in person but over my currently crappy system people fall asleep via online.
Your voice is your voice, The tone of your voice is defined in your vocal chords. What are you looking for? Are you looking to change your voice?

If people are falling asleep, its not the tone of your voice doing it. and meditation is almost the same thing, you want them relaxed, almost in a sleep state. My wife meditates daily (just to put up with me probably )

Delivery and performance is everything when it comes to these situation. If you are hypnotizing people online, don't you wan them to fall asleep? Your post contradicts itself
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

What system do currently use?
As your voice is a major part of what you do, I would suggest you invest in a decent(ish) microphone. I would go for a large diaphragm condenser microphone but one that doesnt add colour to you voice. There are many that will achieve the clarity that you need well within your budget. You need to decide whether it needs phantom power or USB.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search