The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Audio interface Condenser Microphones
Old 2nd February 2019
Here for the gear

Audio interface

Looking to get a new audio interface I have windows 10 and my rode ai-1 didn't work very well.. so I sent it back and I'm thinking of getting the Steinberg u242.. what do you guys think? Should I get something different? Go cheaper and get the audio box or what? I want good quality but idk what to do after the box failed that came with my nt1 mic
Old 2nd February 2019
Lives for gear
Is the problem the audio interface the microphone or the use of these things?
I'm afraid a other interface wont solve your problem.
Old 2nd February 2019
i agree, another interface or even another mic will not do anything for you right now.

What do you mean by 'not working well'? Recording with a mic and pre-amp take some skill, knowledge and experience. Its not a plug and play and get fantastic sounds. I do not thing a $5000 mic and a $5000 interface will help.

Maybe its your room!. the same mic will record different sounds depending on the room its in. A 1/4 inch difference between the mic and sound source will change the sound of what you record with the mic. These are just some of the countless things you need to be aware of when recording with a microphone. this is just techniques, i have not even touched the sound level side of things.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Hi. I am trying make a purchase of Focusrite clarett 4pre. Could someone tell the latency issue of it? Does it have the delay of transferring signal? Is it a good one to buy for home recording? Thanks.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pthax View Post
Hi. I am trying make a purchase of Focusrite clarett 4pre. Could someone tell the latency issue of it? Does it have the delay of transferring signal? Is it a good one to buy for home recording? Thanks.
Every audio interface has latency. Latency is determined by your PC's MOBO and Processors, as well as the the length of your signal chain. Its not just determined by the sound card drivers alone.

So with that new info you just discovered, Who knows what latency you will get with that interface, as there are too many unknowns.
I can say that people have gotten low latency with that interface but this is because of how they treat there signal chain and there PC Specs

Cj
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

The Steinberg will be fine for a budget interface.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search