The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Scarlett 2i2- only one line in/out? Audio Interfaces
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Scarlett 2i2- only one line in/out?

I was going to buy the apollo twin duo, but decided to save cash by going with the Scarlett. However, on the apollo, I noticed that there was a line in/out as well as a monitor in/out (which i assume to be for your monitors). The scarlett only has one in/out. Are there any disadvantages with the scarlett because of this? is there any difference between connecting your monitors in a line in/out as opposed to a monitor in/out?
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

the monitor out is the right way to connect to your monitors. I had the 2i2, since upgraded to the 18i20, great gear these Focusrite interfaces.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazzBass View Post
the monitor out is the right way to connect to your monitors. I had the 2i2, since upgraded to the 18i20, great gear these Focusrite interfaces.
right, but i only see a line I/O on the scarlett 2i2. There is no monitor I/O. does this mean i cannot connect my monitors to it? would i have to buy the 2i4 to connect my adam t5v speakers?
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

Ah sorry for the confusion, the line outs are connected to the Monitor volume knob and are made for connecting to your monitors.

They are balanced outputs, ie TRS.

So a pair of TRS to TRS or TRS to XLR cables will connect to your monitors.

I think you chose wisely, best bang for your buck.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Ah sorry for the confusion, the line outs are connected to the Monitor volume knob and are made for connecting to your monitors.

They are balanced outputs, ie TRS.

So a pair of TRS to TRS or TRS to XLR cables will connect to your monitors.

I think you chose wisely, best bang for your buck.
Thanks!

i see. so the 2i4 has balanced AND unbalanced line in/outs while the 2i2 only has balanced line in/out, correct?
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

yes. But you could still use those line outs to re amp for instance, and connect your monitors to the headphone outs. Or monitor with phones.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
yes. But you could still use those line outs to re amp for instance, and connect your monitors to the headphone outs. Or monitor with phones.
yea, i only need to witch between monitors and headphones. Thank you for your help.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search