The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
neighbours...etc noise cant record Condenser Microphones
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

neighbours...etc noise cant record

Hello Just I have a question
I live in city center sometimes my neighbor play music loud or some family member in house making some kind of noise the problem is I have rode nt1a can pick up every small noises even if it is outside what can I do to stop this.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict
Isolate the room you are making the recordings in or do something to the neighbors.
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT64 View Post
Isolate the room you are making the recordings in or do something to the neighbors.
lol I think I will get sound prof
Old 2 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamite29 View Post
I will tell you right now you probably cannot afford soundproofing !

You can purchase sound treatments, and they will absorb room reflections and excess bass and make the sound of your room better or at the very least -less bad. But they won't help with noisy neighbors and they won't help your sensitive neighbors from hearing your noise. You will need a room-within-a-room. Decoupling, mass in the walls, airtight seal.

When people are having outside noise problems and they ask me about soundproofing the place where they are living, I usually suggest that they move. I am not joking. You can block up your windows, stuff like that, and get a little help, but sound travels through the frame of a building. Without 'floating' the floor and walls, there is a limit.

Sometimes you can deal with outside noise with a clock. That is, schedule your recordings for when your noisy neighbors are at work. If not, you will have to build a booth in the middle of your space. Or move.

go to the acoustics forum here and look up soundproofing threads. You will get an idea of just how involved it really is.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq View Post
I will tell you right now you probably cannot afford soundproofing !

You can purchase sound treatments, and they will absorb room reflections and excess bass and make the sound of your room better or at the very least -less bad. But they won't help with noisy neighbors and they won't help your sensitive neighbors from hearing your noise. You will need a room-within-a-room. Decoupling, mass in the walls, airtight seal.

When people are having outside noise problems and they ask me about soundproofing the place where they are living, I usually suggest that they move. I am not joking. You can block up your windows, stuff like that, and get a little help, but sound travels through the frame of a building. Without 'floating' the floor and walls, there is a limit.

Sometimes you can deal with outside noise with a clock. That is, schedule your recordings for when your noisy neighbors are at work. If not, you will have to build a booth in the middle of your space. Or move.

go to the acoustics forum here and look up soundproofing threads. You will get an idea of just how involved it really is.
Literally everything he just said.

Soundproofing is a beast. It's crazy expensive. Small errors can have big negative impacts. It's virtually impossible to pull off in a temporary fashion, so unless you own your home it's pretty much a no go.

Also, it's an awful lot easier to build a soundproof space from scratch than it is to retrofit a space to be soundproof.

Scheduling is about your best bet. Also, if you have a good relationship with your neighbors, then you can maybe let them know when you're going to be recording and hope they will maybe delay the loud music or whatever for an hour or two. Being a good neighbor can go a long way.

Also, also, you kind of have to accept that there will be a certain amount of noise pollution on your recordings, if you aren't working in a purpose-built, soundproof space. I can't tell you how many recordings I've made that have a dog barking or a door closing buried somewhere in the background.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
You cannot sound proof something you rent, unless you get permission. You have to go all the way down to the studs and spend Terns of thousands of dollars adn you may have to get permits, depending on your city's building code..

and sound absorption will not sound proof, so thinking that hanging foam or acoustic absorption panels on your walls will sound proof anything is wrong. It will not sound proof nada

You either need to move or your neighbors need to move or do it while your neighbors are working..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search