The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
re amping question
Old 9th January 2019
Gear Head

re amping question

Hi
If I want to play a vst organ through an amplifier and mic the amplifier do I plug the lead from the reamp box into the guitar amplifiers line out or into the guitar amplifiers input?
Thanks
Old 9th January 2019
You send the VST output to the reamp box, plug the reamp box into the amplifier INPUT, and then rock out with sweet tones.
Old 9th January 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by standingwave View Post
You send the VST output to the reamp box, plug the reamp box into the amplifier INPUT, and then rock out with sweet tones.
Thanks man, just didn't want to do something wrong and blow the amp or something.
Old 9th January 2019
There aren't stupid questions. We've all done something for the first time once.
Cheers.
Old 16th January 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by standingwave View Post
There aren't stupid questions. We've all done something for the first time once.
Cheers.
Hey me again,
Through my monitors i've always had a high pitched whistle sound come and go, not sure why, when i usemy headphones to mix/record i dont hear it, but now when i reamp i hear the same high pitched noises through my amplifier so it ruins the recordings....its so annoying, is it ground loop problems?
I thought maybe i could buy a ground loop box to put between the monitors and interface, but to put a ground loop box between the reamp box and the interface is going to degrade the sound right?
Damn, recording is so annoying, why do i do it haha
Old 16th January 2019
Hey!
It's a process for sure; once you deal with one problem in your studio, another on will rear its head.
It does sound like a ground loop. There are a few solutions:
1) Depending on what interface you are using, you can eliminate the ground on the USB cable by stripping the cable and cutting the actual wire. I find USB cables the worst for carrying sporadic grounding issues. You can do this if the interface has it's own power supply.
2) Plug everything into the same circuit. Use a power bar and plug everything in there. If they all share the same ground, there cant be a loop.
3) lift the ground wire on the XLR (or TRS) to you reamp box. Pin 1 is the ground.
4) You can also snip the ground cable on your instrument cable.

After all this, you should be squeal free.
Cheers.
Old 16th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Yeah. In my experience, different circuits are responaible for the vast majority of ground loop issues. I'd try plugging everthing into the same power bar, first.

For this reason alone, investing in even one of the cheaper power conditioners from Fuhrman or something like it is a good idea.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

[QUOTE=standingwave;13728568]You send the VST output to the reamp box, plug the reamp box into the amplifier INPUT, and then rock out with sweet tones.[/QUOTE

I have got a radial pro re amp box, how do I connect it up to my interface and use it to add pedal FX IE Chorus echo reverb etc
to tracks when mixing thank you
Old 4 weeks ago
Line level out from interface
> into reamp
> into fx pedals
> into DI (or instrument input of interface)
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

OP, what reamp box are you using?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
The common ones are this:
radial-reamp-jcr-1
or this (Phase control is sweet)
Little Labs IBP Analog Phase Alignment Tool

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search