The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Motu Ultralite Mk3 Pro tools 12 no signal
Old 22nd December 2018
Here for the gear

Motu Ultralite Mk3 Pro tools 12 no signal

Hi! I just got my pro tools 12 and I have tried solve that problem couple days allready. Everything seems to be ok, but I just cant get any signal to track when I try to record. My playback engine is Motu, its ok. My sound preference are ok, I hear itunes and youtube through Motu. I hear my guitar through Motu. But in Pro Tools there are no signal coming in when I push record. I/O (in the track) are analog 1-2 and main out. I/O in set up are defaults. Motu audio set up are: Sample rate 48, Clock source internal, dafault stereo input - analog 1-2 (mics), default stereo output - main out 1-2, phones assign - main out 1-2, main out assign - main out 1-2, return assign - analog 1-2.

In midistudio master, all channels, S/PDIF, return, and reverb are non active (input), but outputs are active. There´s any options where I could fade or click them to active. Is that a key of my problem?

Gears: Motu Ultralite mk3 hybrid and pro tool 12, iMac 10.14.2 Mojave.

If someone could help me, it would be best christmas present ever.

Regards, Perttu
Old 22nd December 2018
Quote:
But in Pro Tools there are no signal coming in when I push record. I/O (in the track) are analog 1-2 and main out. I/O in set up are defaults. Motu audio set up are: Sample rate 48, Clock source internal, dafault stereo input - analog 1-2 (mics), default stereo output - main out 1-2, phones assign - main out 1-2, main out assign - main out 1-2, return assign - analog 1-2.
Do not go with default. The out should be your master bus, not main outs and your input need to be what your guitar is inserted into. The master bus goes to your main outs. Its just like a mixer.

The guitar is mono, so you need to select the mono input in PT that you inserted your guitar into.
Is it mic'ed or are you going into the hiz input of the MOTU?

FYI: You have to arm the track and then press record
Old 22nd December 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Mastering View Post
Do not go with default. The out should be your master bus, not main outs and your input need to be what your guitar is inserted into. The master bus goes to your main outs. Its just like a mixer.

The guitar is mono, so you need to select the mono input in PT that you inserted your guitar into.
Is it mic'ed or are you going into the hiz input of the MOTU?

FYI: You have to arm the track and then press record
Thank you! I just try to get my signal in, it´s my main goal right now. But when I will start to record, I use my Axe fx 2 where I will take my efects. I just started to wonder, if my Motu is broken cause I cant get my electric guitar signal out.
I had Pro tools 8 and it was almost plug in and record.

So my guitar goes to mic/instr 1 to Motu. I guess it´s ok now... I named it mic1 channel.
Do I send a bus or just choose output/bus.?

Sorry my english isn´t so good. What you ment about arm a track? I have clicked it active. Is there something else?
Old 24th December 2018
Here for the gear

Im still stuck with this. I have tried to do everything like it says in manual, and done exactly same maneuvers like in youtube tutorials but no, any signal goes in. I tried to use my Axe as a soundcard also and record wet and dry tracks, but no. Yes, I understand what you ment about arm the track. That´s not the issue. There´s no input or output signals in motu software either. Even I can change input and bus output volume with faders, input and output meters stay blank, but in my Motus LCD I can see that signal goes in motu.

Goosh...
Old 26th December 2018
Here for the gear

Now I tried to open sessions, what I did my old iMac. No signal. I test my old iMac again. I create new project, new audio track In > interface - analog in 1, Out > output Out 1-2 > main out. And there was a signal, no busses or sends need for that. But that doesn´t work in new iMac. I check all midi and I/O sets and they are precisly same. Only difference I found is that in my old iMad audio list are Digi Core Audio Device, and In my new one not. Do I need that kind of driver and why it didn´t came automatichly with avid drivers what I downloaded? I can´t find that knowlidge in Avids support.

And yes, there´s any problems to get midi signals. Midi and instrument tracks work. Only analog audio are missing.
Old 27th December 2018
Quote:
Do I need that kind of driver and why it didn´t came automatichly with avid drivers what I downloaded? I can´t find that knowlidge in Avids support.
AVID Drivers?? your interface is MOTU, this is your problem. You need to install the latest drivers for the MOTU that fits your operating system. Drivers are always being updated, so its impossible for things to come with the latest drivers. Its common to check the manufactures website for the Latest Drivers. MOTU, not ADVID
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Hi!!

I have the same problem. No Analog signal when I whant to record in PT 12 thru MOTU UltraLite mk3 Hybrid.
I have tried so many things and couldn't sort out. MIDI is working well.
So if anyone finds a solution, please share it.
I hate these things, It should be easier for us, custommers.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielct View Post
Hi!!

I have the same problem. No Analog signal when I whant to record in PT 12 thru MOTU UltraLite mk3 Hybrid.
I have tried so many things and couldn't sort out. MIDI is working well.
So if anyone finds a solution, please share it.
I hate these things, It should be easier for us, custommers.
The solution depends on what you are doing wrong.

You said you tried many things, but you have not listed what you tried and you have not listed how you set it up and routed it. So no one here will know what is Wrong with how you set it up and configured it

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search