The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
U-phoria UMC 404HD + qx1202 usb Mixers (Analog)
Old 13th December 2018
Here for the gear

U-phoria UMC 404HD + qx1202 usb

TLDR; I need the mapping to connect my U-phoria umc 404hd and Xenyx qx1202usb to each other.

***Those who need some more details: Please proceed***

Salutations to you all, revered members of the Gearslutz community.

I'm a noob (and still learning the basics) musician/producer.

Recently, I bought a new audio interface; behringer u-phoria umc404hd and another behringer product; Xenyx QX1202 USB mixer has been sent as a gift to me (from somewhere else).

Now since I have both an audio interface and a mixer, I'm trying to connect them to each other. What I'm trying to achieve is like in the following:

i- The audio interface and the mixer should be communicating with each other.

ii- I insert my electric guitar directly to the interface and that should not be looped through the mixer's main mix out.

iii- I have two microphones and I wish to adjust the equalizer settings from the mixer, using hardware.

iv- Sometimes I may try the built-in effects on the mixer with my electric guitar & synthesizer

The question is: How should I proceed? I've googled it and found many suggestions but I couldn't find some of the mentioned i/o slots on my hardware. Maybe they have different names but similar or same functions. Don't know yet.

I'll be more than glad if anyone could help.

You can use these visuals

https://i.ibb.co/VW1S6v3/connect.jpg

and edit / draw on it with MsPaint if you like and upload it here so it's easier to share the solution:

ImgBB — Upload Image — Free Image Hosting

Thanks and have a nice day!
Old 13th December 2018
Lives for gear

If I was you and i was just starting out, I would not use the mixer. Your audio interface is enough.
Quote:
i- The audio interface and the mixer should be communicating with each other.
Your audio interface communicates with your PC/DAW
Quote:
ii- I insert my electric guitar directly to the interface and that should not be looped through the mixer's main mix out.
Interface then mixer?? doesn't make sense.
If you use both and I advise you should not, but if you do, you go into the mixer ---> then the audio interface --->>> then the PC

When you use both, you are just going to be adding extra noise into your signal chain and you are adding unnecessary gain stages into your signal chain. This is part fact and part my opinion. The facts are adding noise, that it will and the rest is my honest opinion, especially if you do not know anything about what you are using and doing..
Old 13th December 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Mastering View Post
When you use both, you are just going to be adding extra noise into your signal chain and you are adding unnecessary gain stages into your signal chain. This is part fact and part my opinion. The facts are adding noise, that it will and the rest is my honest opinion, especially if you do not know anything about what you are using and doing..
Well, that's true.

However I need to insert multiple instances of live mic channels and instruments at the same time while recording. So I'lle be using both at the same time.

But again, thanks for the insight I appreciate it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

You are not saying if you are using a PC with DAW or just main out to your speakers/amp

Both devices have a USB Audio Interface and options open up when you use a PC.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL View Post
You are not saying if you are using a PC with DAW or just main out to your speakers/amp

Both devices have a USB Audio Interface and options open up when you use a PC.
Yes, I'll be using a DAW (Cubase LE 6). I couldn't get XENYX to work as an audio interface, tho. It's not visible on my system as an audio driver. I downloaded the driver from Behringer website and installed it, but that's it.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Sorry I was slow in getting back.
When you plug the USB cable from QX to a Windows PC.... you should get the notification sound of a USB connect and be able to see it in Device Manager.
Lookunder Audio and Sound for a reference to the device. You should see it there.. I usually can see it as a choice when I look at the 'speaker' icon in the systray.

It might be a little harder for your DAW to see it, I am not familiar with your software.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor85 View Post
Yes, I'll be using a DAW (Cubase LE 6). I couldn't get XENYX to work as an audio interface, tho. It's not visible on my system as an audio driver. I downloaded the driver from Behringer website and installed it, but that's it.
I have Cubase LE 5 (maybe similar to LE 6) installed on my Win7 PC and a Xenyx 1204USB mixer. I haven't really used Cubase, Reaper is my main DAW. I set about setting up the 1204USB mixer in Cubase. I found it not straight forward to what I'm used to and it took me a while to figure out where to go and what to set in the device setup. I did use ASIO4ALL with the mixer. It took some poking around several windows and popup control panels, but I finally got it to work. You likely can get it to work if you dig into the setup menus.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search