The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How do Improve My Production?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

How do Improve My Production?

Maybe id like to play at bars someday or something, what should I do differently? Lyric content, emotion(any stand out sections)? I don't know if drums are important, but I don't think that's happening anytime soon. I'm looking for motivation and reason to improve and write more.

Thanks for listening feel free to be direct

If a mod could place this in -Work In Progress / Advice Requested / Show and Tell / Artist Showcase / Mix-Offs- thatd be cool.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

I did like the color of your voice...., for the first two words; after that the degree of "nasalness" became inconsistent, making it sound unprofessional and ingenuine.
It felt like you kept falling in and out of the role (I did like the nasal sound, if that was not clear, but it should be consistent and not become "whiny" at certain spots).
A good breath support should help keep a steady voice sound.

You should also definitely write/play out your vocal melodies on a guitar/piano and practise hitting the correct notes, and with confidence; one or two wrong notes can make the whole melody sound bad/sloppy.

I'll leave the guitar for the guitar experts, but I'd like a fuller guitar tone, instead of the trebly sound.

I definitely think that there's something there to work with, though.

Success.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
Hey

I really liked it - it carries emotion nicely; it's easy to listen to (in a good way), and you have a distinctive voice and nice lyrics.

I took 'Peeping Tomboy' by Kurt Vile - just as a sonic reference.

Production wise - I would sweep your vocal recording for resonant peaks - sounds like it might be a build up around 2K and dip out those freqs that hurt your ears.
Practice some of the guitar fills a bit more - then you can still play them laid back style but with more control. I liked the general looseness of it though.

I would like to hear different style tracks before or after say on an album; Then this track would stand out in a different nicer way.
Please keep going!
P.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search