The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Free steven slate 5 woth it?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Free steven slate 5 woth it?

I can't figure it out the raw drums, or the processing is there. sounds strange. And I think all the same 4 round Robin(
u think?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I can't figure it out the raw drums
What can you not figure out about them
Quote:
or the processing is there.
??
Quote:
sounds strange
If you think it sounds strange, then do not use it. just because you have something doesn't mean you need to use it
Quote:
And I think all the same 4 round Robin(
u think?
??
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Mastering View Post
What can you not figure out about them

??

If you think it sounds strange, then do not use it. just because you have something doesn't mean you need to use it

??
I figured it out. He's asking about the free version of SSD 5 you can find at the bottom of the page here:

SSD5 - Steven Slate Drums

I'd be interested in someone giving it a shot and reporting back. I'd do it myself, but it's too fancy for my old ass rig.

The thing about the round robin: he seems to think the free version is using the same sample for each hit instead of rotating through different samples to provide a more natural feel and sound.

Keep this in mind, OP: it's free. It's meant to be a way to try it out to see whether you want to buy the full program. If you want the full program, then you should probably buy it.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

I'm game.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

I just tried it and I'm going to keep it. Might even purchase the full thing, when I have some extra cash. I used it with Toontrack's easy player pro, so I could access all of my midi grooves and it plays very nice with it. The kit sounds pretty damn good. It doesn't eat up that much space. Just under four gigs. Definitely worth it
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search