The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Help with mix problem
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Help with mix problem

Hey guys, is there anyone who could take a listen to a mix I am working on? I have a problem where in the chorus, the cymbals get a lot louder, which is good as everything builds up and lets go in the chorus, but the whole chorus is messy. The cymbals I think are getting in the way of the voice in the chorus. I have automated the vocal level to go up by about a DB in each chorus, but not sure that's the best solution.

Would be happy for any other feedback you might have on the mix, thanks! Here is the track:First Mix Test by Dropped D | Free Listening on SoundCloud
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

there is a buildup in the whole mix around 180 hz, the track is wet and big and the vocals have no 700-2k which would make it heard rather than feel lost..the line on the right is too high when it comes in..other than that nice
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Thank you so much for your comments and time! Do you mean the lead guitar in the verses is too loud?
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

yes it's not that it's too loud all the time it needs a compressor because of the dynamic ..plus you can't really set that track in the mix until you have your vocal sitting..which it isn't
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

1. Comporessor
2. Compressor
3. Compressor
4. Did I mention a compressor?
Quote:
I have automated the vocal level to go up by about a DB in each chorus, but not sure that's the best solution.
Raising the level of vocal tracks (or any other tracks) will not make it un-messy. It will make it worse!! You need to subtract, not add. Messy means too many things going on and if you raise the volume of something, you are adding to the problem.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search