The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Replicate this guitar sound Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Replicate this guitar sound

Hi, I'm pretty new to guitar and am trying to create a tone something like this:

Dropbox - 06 guitar 3 A1.wav

I hear some sort of heavy (fuzz?) distortion and is that a tremolo pedal fading in and out? Does anyone recognize what type of guitar/mic/amp/pedal would go into replicating it?

Also, is there any sort of term in the music lexicon that describes this kind of sound?

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

Just listening, it sounds like tremolo -> distortion -> Class-A amp. Humbucker on bridge pick-up. Tremolo depth controlled with an expression pedal.
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

Thanks Jowala!
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac

I agree.

It can be a guitar with humbuckers (es. a Les Paul) straight to a cranked Vox Ac15 (or similar amp) it just has a built in tremolo with a similar sound.
Maybe there is also a tubescreamer pedal, with zero drive engaged, used like a clean boost, to tighten the mids, but it really depends on the guitar pickups.
The amp seems mic'ed near the cone (I can't hear great room reflections) or it is a digital simulator with a similar tone.
Old 7 hours ago
Here for the gear

Thanks Kimi777, I really appreciate your help. You and Jowala have helped me get close. The Vox + Humbucker has been key for me.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search