The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Neumann microphone lead worry
Old 7th November 2018
Here for the gear

Neumann microphone lead worry

So I was looking at getting a better microphone I currently have the rode NT1A and I’m looking to get a Neumann when I went on the website it said there was a lead warning that it causes cancer ect should I be worried or just get a different microphone? Or do all microphones have lead in them sorry I’m a newbie at microphones, thanks
Old 7th November 2018
Gear Guru

That probably means it was assembled using solder that contains lead. Nothing to worry about.
Old 8th November 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
That probably means it was assembled using solder that contains lead. Nothing to worry about.
Thank you very much, was abit worried when I read that.
Old 8th November 2018
Gear Maniac

According to the state of California, everything we use is known to cause cancer. Seriously, that warning is on everything now a days - numerous interfaces, most speakers, many microphones, several headphones, loads of outboard gear.

California has ridiculous regulations regarding consumer products. There is more than one pending lawsuit over California requiring that label on certain products containing no chemicals shown to correlate to cancer whatsoever.
Old 8th November 2018
Lives for gear
I have mic's that are radioactive!. Berillium Diaphragms!
Old 8th November 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag J View Post
According to the state of California, everything we use is known to cause cancer. Seriously, that warning is on everything now a days - numerous interfaces, most speakers, many microphones, several headphones, loads of outboard gear.

California has ridiculous regulations regarding consumer products. There is more than one pending lawsuit over California requiring that label on certain products containing no chemicals shown to correlate to cancer whatsoever.
Because i live in the UK i have never seen that warning anywhere only on the Neumann website so it made me not really want to get the microphone, probably every piece of gear i own is like that but have never seen that warning before, thank you for your reply
Old 8th November 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonxolly View Post
Because i live in the UK i have never seen that warning anywhere only on the Neumann website so it made me not really want to get the microphone, probably every piece of gear i own is like that but have never seen that warning before, thank you for your reply
I just started noticing it all over the Sweetwater website recently.
Old 9th November 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
I just started noticing it all over the Sweetwater website recently.
It seems to only be on the Neumann products on sweet water which is weird
Old 9th November 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonxolly View Post
It seems to only be on the Neumann products on sweet water which is weird
Nah. The Focusrite Scarlett line also causes cancer:
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 | Sweetwater

I've noticed it on several other products as well.

It's probably the soldier.
Old 10th November 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Nah. The Focusrite Scarlett line also causes cancer:
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 | Sweetwater

I've noticed it on several other products as well.

It's probably the soldier.
So what your saying is it’s probably the soldier and I’m just worrying for no reason ?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search