The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
How to use Tascam m2600 with Mac
Old 21st October 2018
Here for the gear

How to use Tascam m2600 with Mac

Hello! I’m moving from tape to computer and really like the sound I get from my 24 channel Tascam m2600 analog console. My question is how to hook it up to my IMac using Pro Tools? I know I need a AD converter, but would I be using the “inserts” or the “tape in and outs”? Any info would be great! Thank you for your time.
Old 10th November 2018
Here for the gear

Anybody have any ideas at all?
Old 10th November 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjarvire View Post
Hello! I’m moving from tape to computer and really like the sound I get from my 24 channel Tascam m2600 analog console. My question is how to hook it up to my IMac using Pro Tools? I know I need a AD converter, but would I be using the “inserts” or the “tape in and outs”? Any info would be great! Thank you for your time.
You need to get an audio interface with as many inputs as you wish to record with at the same time. Look at RME, MOTU, Lynx, and Focusrite for audio interfaces that meed your input needs.

It would be Mixer ---> audio interface ---> DAW ----> audio interface - Studio monitors. (this is one way to do it)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search