The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
mic preamp and interface
Old 15th October 2018
Here for the gear

mic preamp and interface

Hi, newbie here. i currently have the presonus audiobox itwo but cant get a good signal from it. the preamp in it are so weak and bad and noisy.

im looking to upgrade my interface. bare in mind i only record rap style vocals. my genre is dancehall music jamaica.

thinking about either getting the golden age preamp jr or art pro mpa added to the presonus audiobox itwo or buy the tascam uh7000 due to its reviews of the high quality recording converters and mic preamps.

so does the tascam uh7000 better in that case or get the preamp? which would give me better high quality recordings?
Old 16th October 2018
Lives for gear

The specs for the preamps in your interface show they can do 52dB of gain which should be fine for most condenser mics. It shouldn't be weak with a good condenser mic and I assume a rap style such as your doing should give plenty of loudness to push a good mic signal. What are you using for a mic?
Old 16th October 2018
Here for the gear

i have at2020 mic. yeah i thought so too. the problem with the audiobox itwo is that whenever i turn the preamp anywhere over 120clock it becomes noisy, so i cant gain anywhere more than that and even at 3/4 gain its still low.

yea sometime i rap high and other time at low volume too.

compared to the focusrite a friend of mine has. its way more preamp power and less noise.

i went ahead and order the golden age mic pre73. that should be good.
btw do you think my mic is ideal for decent recordings?
Old 16th October 2018
Deleted 3cb98a6
The AT2020 is obviously not the best of mics, but it has its uses.
Its definately not the weakest link in your chain right now.

Judge it again with the new preamp.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search