The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
USB Mixer Query Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

USB Mixer Query

Hi All,

I am after getting a USB mixer that is able to allow me to choose which sources to just monitor, and which to send through to the mix AND monitor. For example, i wanted to be able to monitor video game audio from say RCA or Phono in, but NOT send it through to the mix/the broadcasting software, allowing me to monitor several sources but choose which to send to the mix.

Does such a device exist?? Or perhaps what i am after is not a mixer?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks all in advance :-)
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

You can do that with any mixer. Anything you plug into a channel can be routed to different sections.
For instance, you can route the video game audio to monitor out or a buss/sub or headphones while another source could be routed to main out(main mix) or vice-versa.
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

I have a Yamaha AG-06 mixer at the moment and it doesn't seem like i can do this. Am i missing something?

The video game audio in input through the RCA inputs. I want to monitor that, but only send my voice through to the mix.

Can you recommend a mixer capable of that?
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

You might want to take a look at the Behringer 302USB. I know the USB signal can be routed either to phones or to the main mix. But I've never used a headset with the unit, so I don't know whether your voice could be routed to the main mix while you monitored the computer over the headset exclusively or not. I'm guessing you'd be SOL with the 302USB as well, but, I haven't fiddled around with my 302 for a long time, so I can't say anything with absolute certainty.

The 302 is just a cheap audio jackknife, btw. So, if you want stellar performance, look elsewhere.

I'll add that routing capabilities tend to increase with mixer size.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search