The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Volcas, pedals and audio interface Audio Interfaces
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Volcas, pedals and audio interface

Hi there

I am quite new to the world of synths thus I decided to start my quest by purchasing a volca keys and beats. To enhance the experience I will connect them with some pedals such as a reverb or delay to give an ambient feeling and experiment with synthesis. If everything goes well, I am considering buying in the immediate future a volca bass and a modular.

Given that I may require more than two channels for recording in Ableton or Pro Tools, which audio interface would you recommend me? Ideally, I wouldn’t like to spend more than £150 for it. Nonetheless, I would really like to know the available options and limitations.

Please, feel free to provide any related suggestions both with reference to the synth/modular equipment and the audio interface as well as things I should consider.

Thank you in advance

Kind regards,
Akis
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

As far as sound cards/interfaces go, Look at there manufactures and get one of them that fits your budget and requirements for ins and outs.
Focusrite, Audient, Apogee and MOTU (a little out of your range, but make great interfaces)
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Just to clarify,

A four input channel is a must or I can work my way around using a simple Focusrite Scarlett 2i2? Does it provide two line inputs?

Thank you.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigovoskos View Post
or I can work my way around using a simple Focusrite Scarlett 2i2? Does it provide a two line inputs?

Thank you.
Here is what the description says. Every interface will have a description on what it has. so just go through them until you see one you like and that fits all your needs.
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/focu...ct-description
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Mastering View Post
Here is what the description says. Every interface will have a description on what it has. so just go through them until you see one you like and that fits all your needs.
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/focu...ct-description
Thank you very much!
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Your budget is quite low for 4 channel recording so there won't be huge amount of choices. None of the brands mentioned so far have a 4 input interface at your price point unless you can find a second hand deal.

Here's a couple to take a look at.

Behringer UMC404 is about £90.

A&H ZEDi 10 mixer with usb interface - slightly over budget at £161 - But room for some expansion with two extra stereo inputs (but only 4 channel recording)

Or there are a bunch of mixers with 2 channel recording which could also work....you just wouldn't be able to record all 4 synths in one pass like you could with the above.

just don't get a 2 input interface like 2i2 as you want to at least be able to hear all your inputs at the same time and record without re-plugging all the time.
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
Your budget is quite low for 4 channel recording so there won't be huge amount of choices. None of the brands mentioned so far have a 4 input interface at your price point unless you can find a second hand deal.

Here's a couple to take a look at.

Behringer UMC404 is about £90.

A&H ZEDi 10 mixer with usb interface - slightly over budget at £161 - But room for some expansion with two extra stereo inputs (but only 4 channel recording)

Or there are a bunch of mixers with 2 channel recording which could also work....you just wouldn't be able to record all 4 synths in one pass like you could with the above.

just don't get a 2 input interface like 2i2 as you want to at least be able to hear all your inputs at the same time and record without re-plugging all the time.
Thank you for your reply. You are right. After some research in these last days I decided that the best option would be a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6. It is better to spend more rather than buy something I cannot work with.

The only issue I have to sort out now is how to power these Volcas as daisy chain produces noise and many adapters kill space.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search