The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic Pro X Will Not Record Through Audio Interface Audio Interfaces
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Logic Pro X Will Not Record Through Audio Interface

I have a shure sm7b which is connected to my focusrite 2i2, which is connected to my IMac, my DBx286s is also connected to my focusrite. Logic reconginzes the focusrite, I put it as my output and input device in the audio settings, I have my input right. But it still will not let me record. I can hear myself through my headphones (which is connected to my focusrite, input monitoring is on), but when I press record nothing shows up. The only way I can record myself is if I record through the built in microphone on the Mac.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
Sample rate settings maybe?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I can record myself is if I record through the built in microphone on the Mac.
In Logic, the track that is armed for recording that mic needs to have the correct input selected. like 1/2 left or 1/2 right. Do not select 1/2 left and right, as that would be stereo.

CJ

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search