The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Tips to bounce 2 mastered wav files together???
Old 11th October 2018
Here for the gear

Tips to bounce 2 mastered wav files together???

I''ve got a interesting question for anybody with some experience from a total neophyte.

I've got 1 completed and bounced track (File1). Then I've got another completed and bounced track (File2). I want to mix these 2 files together and produce a master but I do not want the mastering process to have any effect on File2 (no eq, no compression, no gain, etc.).

Is there a way to do this successfully?

I'm thinking of mastering File1 and get it where I want it and EQ File1 to make space for the frequencies in File2. Then bounce both tracks out as one completed WAV file. Thoughts?

Why? ....File2 contains some subliminal stuff which will get hidden at low volumes (almost inaudible at like -30db) under File1.

This is the only thing I can come up with. When I try to master a mix with all the stems of both File1 and File2 in it too much is happening to the stems in File2 and the affect isn't what I need.

I appreciate all thoughts.

Bryan
Old 11th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbryanw View Post
I''ve got a interesting question for anybody with some experience from a total neophyte.

I've got 1 completed and bounced track (File1). Then I've got another completed and bounced track (File2). I want to mix these 2 files together and produce a master but I do not want the mastering process to have any effect on File2 (no eq, no compression, no gain, etc.).

Is there a way to do this successfully?

I'm thinking of mastering File1 and get it where I want it and EQ File1 to make space for the frequencies in File2. Then bounce both tracks out as one completed WAV file. Thoughts?

Why? ....File2 contains some subliminal stuff which will get hidden at low volumes (almost inaudible at like -30db) under File1.

This is the only thing I can come up with. When I try to master a mix with all the stems of both File1 and File2 in it too much is happening to the stems in File2 and the affect isn't what I need.

I appreciate all thoughts.

Bryan
That seems straight forward to me like what you'd want.
Old 11th October 2018
Lives for gear
Why not mix the mastered track (file 1) and ad the subliminal stuff only?
Old 18th October 2018
Here for the gear

Thank you both.... I am taking that route. Seems easiest.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search