The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tegeler Creme EQ/Compressor
Old 12th August 2018
Here for the gear

Tegeler Creme EQ/Compressor

Hi! I think it's my first time writing here and I had some questions about outboard gear especially EQ/Compressor. I'am a little bit curious when a gear like Tegelers creme unit. It is a stereo unit does it mean that it only can be used on master bus and only on stereo tracks? Can it also be used like a mono EQ/Compressor unit? I'am no pro at recording, but It seems like it would be better to spend some money on real outboard gear rather than being forced to pay an update or upgrade for software plugins. A unit like this and an outboard reverb together with a good interface would be everything I personally needed.

i hope my question wouldn't be too tough questions for you that may already been answered in this forum.

Thanks
Old 12th August 2018
Lives for gear

Yes it can be used in stereo or dual mono.
Old 12th August 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavern View Post
Yes it can be used in stereo or dual mono.
So you can only create a mono or stereo track and start using it after routing the device? Sorry I'am not good at this but considering to buy one maybe the near future.
Btw thanks for your answer.
Old 12th August 2018
Lives for gear

I own a Crème.

So you can only create a mono or stereo track and start using it after routing the device?

That's not really a valid question.

As with all other "stereo", or "2-channel" pieces of gear, the Crème has 2-in and 2-out. You can route to the Creme, a stereo source, and the signal routed from the Crème would then be stereo as well. So, if you have a stereo mix, and want to come out of your DAW, and then back in, you route your soundcard L/R output to the two inputs of the Crème, and then the two outputs of the Crème go to your L/R soundcard inputs.

If you have a mono source, let's say a vocal track, you would do it the same way, but just use one channel instead of two.

Cheers.
Old 12th August 2018
Here for the gear

Now I understand. If I want to use it as a mono then just using the one channel and if it is stereo use both of them. I think it pays off to buy a stereo unit than a single mono unit. Yes, you can use it like stereo dubbling a vocal track maybe, but this will be great as soon as my budget allows me. I would love to get the reverb unit also. How does the creme compare to the VRTC? I want to specialize my work on vocal mostly.
Thanks for your explanations buddy.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search