The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Do all preamps require ADAT for output?
Old 13th July 2018
Here for the gear

So I've got a Tascam 16x8 as an interface, and discovered that the rear inputs are without preamps. Didn't realize when I bought. Fine, whatever, we'll probably need a preamp soon anyway, so I go ahead and order us one of these: BEHRINGER ULTRAGAIN DIGITAL ADA8200

I spend all night messing with the thing and can't get any sound to get to my interface from the outputs.

After two hours a random Google search turns up a statement from their support that the thing is hard-wired to not work this way.

Apparently the outputs only work if you connect the ADAT out, to the Behringer's OWN ADAT in.

Now, I solved my problem here obviously, but I just wanted to ask: is this a common thing? Because this thing didn't come with the necessary cable obviously, but its manual also didn't mention anywhere that I saw that the channel outputs were dependent on connecting the ADAT to its own in/out ports.

I'm not a TOTAL amateur, but I know next to nothing about ADAT so this is pretty new to me.

Last edited by FenrisFrost; 13th July 2018 at 09:53 PM.. Reason: Fixed Link
Old 13th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
No not at all. Pre-amps will have line outs and/or main outs and sometimes sends and returns.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search