The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How screwed am I... Mobile Accessories
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

How screwed am I...

So if I make a list of my equipment, can someone tell me how am I doing choices wise?

Last edited by Guitarist93; 1 week ago at 01:47 AM.. Reason: Rewording
Old 1 week ago
Why would you be "screwed" because of an equipment list?!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarist93 View Post
So if I make a list of my equipment, can someone tell me how screwed I am?
Ignorance is the only thing that can really "screw" you. OTOH, thinking that your equipment list is sufficient information for strangers on the internet to be able to tell how "screwed" you are, is pretty darn ignorant, so you are not off to a great start.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarist93 View Post
So if I make a list of my equipment, can someone tell me how screwed I am?
Equipment doesn't make good music. You Do!!
All you need is a $99 Mic, A $99 sound card, A few cables, a guitar and bass (if you play) and any run of the mill DAW and you cna make profesional sounding music.
Its not the Equipment, its you Talent, knowledge and skills. Thats all you need!!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

My first "studio" was a monophonic, portable cassette recorder. Believe me, you couldn't possibly be more "screwed" than I was.
Old 1 week ago
sure or you can seek wisdom on what you have and how to work with it, and just like every aspiring home studio guy/gal out there, can use that wisdom to further expand or upgrade.

Most of us started off with beginners gear and have probably made some financial screw ups along the way. So just ask us! that's what we are here for so you don't make the same oopses we did.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poinzy View Post
My first "studio" was a monophonic, portable cassette recorder. Believe me, you couldn't possibly be more "screwed" than I was.

Stop looking at the glass half empty. Life is short enough as it is. No one values an energy vampire who depresses others because he hasn't got the best gear happening. You should take pride in what you can do with the things you got. Think of how many people haven't got a pot to pea in or a window to throw it out of.

Look at it this way. Even with a mono setup its miles ahead of what others have or had to work with.

See what Edison had to work with when he invented the first audio recorder. Nothing but low fidelity, sheet of foil and a hand crank but it made him a millionaire.

Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrgkmc View Post
Stop looking at the glass half empty. Life is short enough and no one appreciates having an energy vampire around to depress them.

look at it this way. Even with a mono setup its miles ahead of what others had to work with.

Look at what Edison had to work with when he invented the first audio recorder. Nothing but a sheet of foil and a hand crank.

This was 45 years ago, man. I'm not complaining about it. Lighten the hell up.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Oh, yeah. I forgot to mention the cheap dynamic microphone. I blame this mic for everything that's gone wrong in my life. *sob*
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Ok I have a Samson go Mic, bm-8000, shure sm48 for my mics. I have an irig pre and a presonus audio box. I have xlr to xlr, xlr to 1/4", 1/4" to 1/4", and 1/4" to usb cables.

I use audacity and studio one.

Where can I improve for a beginner?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq View Post
Ignorance is the only thing that can really "screw" you. OTOH, thinking that your equipment list is sufficient information for strangers on the internet to be able to tell how "screwed" you are, is pretty darn ignorant, so you are not off to a great start.
I have horrible self esteem when in comes to music due to always being put on the back burner so thanks for that.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Mastering View Post
Equipment doesn't make good music. You Do!!
All you neeed is a $99 Mic, A $99 sound card, A few cables, a guitar and bass (if you play) and any run of the mill DAW and you cna make profesional sounding music.
Its not the Equipment, its you Talent, knowledge and skills. Thats all you need!!
Could you listen to the clip and tell me what you think for a first recording.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

i like your voice!

and you are talented... are you playing along with a click? i like the pace-ing..
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyjonjon View Post
i like your voice!

and you are talented... are you playing along with a click? i like the pace-ing..
Thank you so much! And I want to get a metronome that fits on your arm but I can't afford one yet. I'd love to get one.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
OMG! Beautiful voice and song. Not crazy about the sound of the guitar. The playing fits perfectly. It's the effect.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewire View Post
OMG! Beautiful voice and song. Not crazy about the sound of the guitar. The playing fits perfectly. It's the effect.
When I performed it for a friends wedding I used just straight acoustic sound and when I recorded it I was only experiment that sounds great on vocals so I left it.

But thank you so much for the compliment and the criticism that helps out tremendously
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search