The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
General feedback req. + Audient ID14 Question Condenser Microphones
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

General feedback req. + Audient ID14 Question

So I just moved to a new place and im trying to ghetto rig some acoustic treatment with the very limited amount of money I have (I know I need better stuff, but I need a temporary fix until I can afford it). I got a new mic and I'm mainly just looking for someone's opinon on the vocal quality and see if it's something i can work with. It's a real quick mix - some quick compression, an EQ preset, and some reverb, it's not a masterful mix or anything.

p.s. forewarning, it's a really - REALLY bad freestyle cause I suck at freestyling lol

Bad Freestyle by purleedef | Free Listening on SoundCloud

this next song was made on my old microphone, which was just a $50 usb mic and I didn't try any acoustic treatment at all (but it was a different house/less echo) but I feel like it sounds better, despite the fact that it cost about $950 less. I didn't really mix it that much differently

Aubrey Plaza by purleedef | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Is it just my imagination? I'm using an Audient ID-14 + WA87

Also, when I record, the lights indicating clipping on the Audient aren't moving at all. I have phantom power activated, the mic obviously records and it shows up in the software, but the lights on the actual hardware aren't doing anything when I record (but for all other applications, the lights appear to be working)

but I also tried to plug the microphone into Mic input 2 on the audient, turned the phantom power on and I set my input device in my DAW to audient 3-4 and nothing would record. I tried all of the different audient inputs (1-2, 3-4, 5-6, etc.) and it seems like the only time it actually records is when I use Mic input 1 on the audient

I'm just paranoid that I may be doing something wrong that's affecting my quality. Sorry if any of this is confusing, and thanks for your advice!
Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search