The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
how to save omnisphere 2 custom made sounds? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 15th June 2018
Here for the gear

how to save omnisphere 2 custom made sounds?

Thank you for helping me sort this mess.

I am a noob to this so please forgive me if my post is redundant, but i could not find an answer that can help me with my topic.

I just copped Omnisphere 2 and moved the steam folder onto an external hard drive to save CPU. When i try to save a custom sound i get an error message.

Since i moved the steam folder for Omnisphere 2 onto my external drive, could this be the reason why i cannot save my custom made sound?

Moreover, do i have to move the steam folder back onto my main hard drive?
Attached Thumbnails
how to save omnisphere 2 custom made sounds?-screen-shot-2018-06-14-8.18.08-pm.png  
Old 16th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I just copped Omnisphere 2 and moved the steam folder onto an external hard drive to save CPU. When i try to save a custom sound i get an error message.

Since i moved the steam folder for Omnisphere 2 onto my external drive, could this be the reason why i cannot save my custom made sound?
In my experience, sometimes the VSTi (synth) doesn't recognize the new location, becasue it has no way of knowing ware to look for it. You may need to tell it to look for it in certain locations, as it may not know automatically. This may be done in the installation of it.

You might have to uninstall and re-install the VSTi and designate the folder when its being installed. This way the synth knows ware the folder is.

CJ
Old 16th June 2018
Gear Maniac

Old 17th June 2018
Here for the gear

i tried doing this. creating the alias via the option and apple key (assuming it's command) does not do anything... i had to right click and make the alias on the right click list
Old 17th June 2018
Here for the gear

thanks. it is worth considering but im going to try one more thing before running the reinstall for a large file like O2
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search