The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
FX Saturation Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 17th May 2018
Gear Maniac

FX Saturation

Is it common practice to apply saturation to FX such as reverb and delays? I see with Soundtoys Echoboy, one can apply saturation to the delay within the plugin.
Old 17th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitzothebeast View Post
Is it common practice to apply saturation to FX such as reverb and delays? I see with Soundtoys Echoboy, one can apply saturation to the delay within the plugin.
The idea is to give the Delay an analog color. I have a few plugs that have a saturation feature and typically don't need/want to use it. Obviously some people dig it though.
Old 17th May 2018
Lives for gear

I agree. Exponential Audio's two first main reverbs for example were 'split' between the "musical" one and the "realistic" one. The "musical" reverb definitely had unrealistic but "sweet" effects on presets. I'm not sure it was saturation (it probably wasn't) but the thinking is the same I believe. It just adds something to the reverb which some people like.
Old 18th May 2018
Gear Maniac

Okay, so it’s not common. It’s more for the mojo and flavor some people look for in their fx hence why they would even do something like that.
Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search