The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Fireface 800 with UA 4-710d anyone? Audio Interfaces
Old 17th May 2018
Gear Head

Fireface 800 with UA 4-710d anyone?

I'm looking to integrate the UA into my current setup. The current setup has the Fireface as my interface, 2 Behringer Ultra DI Pro's, 1 Behringer Pro 8 AD/DA converter (modded by Revive Audio) and a Q-Dat AD converter (8 channels). Now I just bought the UA and want to use it, eliminate the Q-Dat...but I can't seem to find a way in which I can run and mix instruments and soft synths into the UA (short of literally plugging in hardware ONLY...no soft synth) via TotalMix. I suspect this is for it NOT being AD/DA but just AD. Need I have to buy myself another AD/DA converter to pull that off thereby using ONLY the 4 pres in the UA strictly as hardware (what a waste of good converters that'd be!), just as I've already been doing with other hardware via the Behringer Pro 8 AD/DA? How do YOU use your UA and the Fireface 800?
Old 19th May 2018
Here for the gear

ff800 and uad

A couple of ideas. You could optically connect the 710 unit to the fireface or couldnt you come into the line in in the rear of the fireface. Ihave the 800 and the single 710 (and the apollos as well) and i believe the rear bypasses the pres and does the AD as you suggest. I think only 1,2,7 and 8 have pres.
The patching of virtual outs back to the 710 is doable using the rme totalmix matrix with a patchbay or 6 miles of patch cords.
If you had another apollo unit you could use their console app which nicely assigns the virtual outs from your daw. Youd still be snookered because the fireface has a glitch and only one set of adats can be used as optical i/o.
Hope this helps
Cheers
Bassious
Old 19th May 2018
Here for the gear

Small addition to the last post

I reread your note after replying.
Unfortunately you are correct. You could adat from the 710s to the ff or just come into the line in’s for AD.
You cant route from the total mix virtually ( synths from the daw ) to the 710s except by physically patching.
Cheers
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search