The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
RME fireface UCX has signal when gain is turned to ZERO?
Old 17th May 2018
Here for the gear

RME fireface UCX has signal when gain is turned to ZERO?

So by all means, im no expert at all of this yet, and still somewhat getting to know certain ins and outs, so bare with me. However, i have recorded many times and owned interfaces in the past, and just want to make sure this is normal for this one (Fireface UCX)

So, ill keep it simple. I plug in any mic, condensers are obviously even hotter, but i have the gain on the interface turned all the way to 0, fully counterclockwise, and im still getting quite a bit of signal, even just tapping the mix is mich louder than id expect. Is this normal?

I suppose it particularly becomes a concern when im tracking drums and im using my snare through the fireface. I literally have to have the gain knob turned to zero, othewise the snare goes in the red. Doesnt give me much wiggle room..lol

Just checking to see if this is normal, for ive also been suspicious of possible subtle distorting/maxing out type sound on certain vowels in my vocals, and if this the signal im getting with this interface at zero gain isnt normal, maybe theres a connecting issue and im not just hearing things.

But ill open it up to you guys. Thanks and happy tracking

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search