The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Gear connectivity advice please Keyboard Workstations
Old 17th May 2018
Here for the gear

Gear connectivity advice please

Hi

I've just (almost) completed a 12 month build on a set of studio desks for my little home studio.

To that end I'm finally (almost) at the point of plugging stuff in and getting down to business.

During that year I've been buying and selling some stuff and I'd like to ask the experts here for some advice.

If you will permit me, I'm going to list all my devices, and how I'd like it to work, and any suggestions on how to connect these would really be appreciated.

Here goes.

Computer: 2012 iMac with Thunderbolt 2 and USB 3.
DAW: Logic Pro X

Hardware:

Roland Fantom X8 - I want this to work to record piano parts.
Novation SL49 MK 2 - I want this to work for all synth parts.

Both keyboards need to be permanently hooked up please.

Roland VS 2480CD - I'd *like* to use this as an audio interface, but failing that a mixer / transport controls for Logic Pro X would suffice.

AVID M-Audio FAST TRACK - for VERY intermittent microphone / guitar tracking.

Roland UM-One mk2 & Roland TD-20 Drum Kit - use these two together to get midi from Drum kit into Logic Pro X.

Roland Handsonic - again, thinking the UM-One mk2 would work for this too.

Several soft-synths on iPad Pro, which with the camera kit and Roland UM-One mk2 should be able to hook up to the iMac / Logic Pro X.

So I guess, I'm asking how best to hook up the two keyboard so they both work independently; so that I can get the sounds from the Fantom into Logic Pro X, but also use the keyboard with VST's, whilst at the same time (and playing at the same time sometimes) use the Noviation for playing soft synths from either Logic or from my iPad.

All the while, using the VS 2480 as a mixing desk / transport controls at minimum, or as an audio interface (if possible).

I've seen a video on YouTube about the old PreSonos V-Fire, but I can't find any of those for sale anymore.

I know this is a wall of text, but help would really be appreciated.

Thank you.
Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search