The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pros: Help us get a grip on practical mixing technique using available multi-track Studio Monitors
Old 2nd May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetz View Post

It's a shame because Derek seems to be almost bi-polar in the way his posts read - super helpful and really insightful in one paragraph, then crossover to almost hysterical anger and bitterness, then back to being super helpful, calm and logical again.
Well, he's a delicate genius...they often tend to swing wildly between emotions. I'm surprised you're not getting billed for all the 'pro posts' in your thread. Have you been invoiced for their time yet or what???

Old 3rd May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana_T. View Post
Read the original post dick head! Not the one the OP altered. Then spew your poison you mother****ing troll!.
Wow. You're really agitated. Maybe lay off the booze for a little while?

Old 3rd May 2018
I'm busy listening to the wonky genre. I'll get back to you in a minute.

Old 3rd May 2018
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello people View Post
I'm busy listening to the wonky genre. I'll get back to you in a minute.

Take your time, I am sure you are busy insulting others. Wake up Snow Flake.
Old 3rd May 2018
Quote:
Wow. You're really agitated. Maybe lay off the booze for a little while?

I think he's agitated because of the insulting and abusive comments you directed at him in the "frustrated" thread, which I flagged as abusive and the moderator has since deleted them.
Old 3rd May 2018
Quote:
Well, he's a delicate genius...they often tend to swing wildly between emotions. I'm surprised you're not getting billed for all the 'pro posts' in your thread. Have you been invoiced for their time yet or what???

I wouldn't say I'm a delicate genius at all. I'm just a realist. What I'm saying is unfortunately the reality of the industry, good and bad.
Old 3rd May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etch-A-Sketch View Post
I think he's agitated because of the insulting and abusive comments you directed at him in the "frustrated" thread, which I flagged as abusive and the moderator has since deleted them.
Thanks for flagging Dana too. His drunken slurs have also been deleted. Now where do I pay you for your time Derek? Do you have a tin I can drop a few coins for your time in?

Old 3rd May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetz View Post
It's a shame because Derek seems to be almost bi-polar in the way his posts read - super helpful and really insightful in one paragraph, then crossover to almost hysterical anger and bitterness, then back to being super helpful, calm and logical again.
no hysteria, anger or bitterness here. my demeanor is very "matter of fact".

Quote:
Professionally speaking, I'm surprised that someone of Derek's calibre would talk about his paying clients like that in public.
If those comments were to be linked to him in other arenas, I would be surprised if his business didn't suffer?
Maybe that's also naïve, I dunno.
Not going to effect me or my work at all. Funny thing about the record industry... the average lifespan of about any exec at a single label is about 6 months. most of them usually leave the industry completely within 3 years. There are the few that hang in there and make a career out of it. I know, for example, all of the people that I worked with at Universal and Capitol, from the artists to the A&R execs, are all gone. The artists were dropped. the execs have all since been fired. One label went so far as to literally fire almost all the staff on the same day and put locked chains around the doors so nobody could get in! LOL that was a funny story to hear about. Karma is a bitch!

In fact some of those people have hit me up over the years to see if I could get them work. Oh the irony!

Quote:
I am not at the level where I would feel confident just rocking up at a studio and doing a session, but the whole point of this is to get to that stage as soon as humanly possible, and it will simply take too long if I am both teacher and student.

And I need to be getting experience in a studio in order to feel confident about running sessions.
Man, in all honesty, you are ready. The thing is... you are never going to "feel" ready. You just have to close your eyes and jump in.

At first you can tell the band you won't charge them for your time, they are just paying for studio time. All of us have basically started out that way in one way, shape or form. I was doing free sessions for a while back in the early days. Eventually you get good enough and fast enough to start charging a little... and then more and more and so on.
Old 3rd May 2018
Quote:
Now where do I pay you for your time Derek? Do you have a tin I can drop a few coins for your time in?

if you have to ask, you can't afford me.
Old 3rd May 2018

Thread locked due to bickering

Matt
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search