The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Help With studio Monitors and placement for room
Old 20th March 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Mastering View Post
HAHAHA, So you to think that you do not measure to get the best spot.. HAHA man o man

I do not care what everyone thinks. If they think you do not measure, then there all wrong!!

Just because people say jump, doesn't mean you jump. But hey MarcB JUMP all you want
You seem to not understand that OP is NOT DESIGNING A PROFESSIONAL STUDIO. He is attempting to make a room work as much as possible while still being comfortable and able to use the room. Thankfully my control room is large enough(and properly treated/tuned) and I have a live room so I don't have to worry about this, but drums take up a large amount of space, so does having your friends over to jam/make music or even just chill. It doesn't make sense for most people to put their setup in the middle of the room when it's not even a professionally treated room, and loose the ability to use the room for anything else. I can't imagine you treat your clients like this.

Oh and it's spelled "they're", as in "they are".
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
@ CJ Mastering

As a rough rule of thumb, it’s usually best to keep the speaker within 1 metre of the back wall, to push any notches up above about 80Hz and into a region where back-wall reflections can be controlled reasonably well by conventional bass-trapping treatments. The real danger zone is when the speaker is between 1 and 2.5 metres from the back wall, as this can result in substantial notches between about 35 and 80 Hz, which require more complex bass-trapping techniques to resolve. A back-wall spacing of more than 2.5 metres puts the notches below the lowest usable audio frequencies, so it’s not really a problem any more.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search