The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
mloudnessanalyzer question Metering & Analysis Plugins
Old 14th March 2018
Here for the gear

mloudnessanalyzer question

does anyone here have experience with melda production's mloudnessanalyzer?

I have a quick question about it. I'm trying to get my entire track to sit around -12 LUFS integrated. When i set the "target knob" (upper left hand corner) to -12 LUFS I end up with 4.4 LUFS integrated which is no where near what I want. Why is this?
Attached Thumbnails
mloudnessanalyzer question-screen-shot-2018-03-14-10.33.36-am.png   mloudnessanalyzer question-screen-shot-2018-03-14-11.24.24-am.png  
Old 14th March 2018
Gear Maniac

1/...set your "target" (upper left)(or drop-down presets)
2/...then either during, or after play back (depending on the desired outcome)... hit the "auto gain" button...
3/...rinse and repeat if necessary...
4/...the help file (best/easiest using the online version) explains everything...
...hth.../s~
Old 14th March 2018
Lives for gear

I'm guessing you're confusing things.

First of all I think the metering scale to the right is confusing. I see no reason to have a loudness measurement standard that peaks at 0dBFS be shown on an offset scale where the maximum value is a positive value. That's just confusing.

Secondly, I don't see "4.4" anywhere. Next to "integrated" it says "-11.7LUFS" which is only 0.3LU off from your target. If you're looking to the right where the 'graph' is then maybe you're reading "4.4" and I'm guessing that that's just the maximum short term value.
Old 14th March 2018
Here for the gear

@mattiasnyc

that's just a screenshot of a random instance of the plugin. I have the target set to -12 LUFS, but am getting a reading of 4.4 LUFS integrated. I will update the picture for more clarity.
Old 14th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bby94 View Post
@mattiasnyc

that's just a screenshot of a random instance of the plugin. I have the target set to -12 LUFS, but am getting a reading of 4.4 LUFS integrated. I will update the picture for more clarity.
If the meter uses BS.1770-1/2/3 as a measuring algorithm then you can't have a positive value as far as I know. The meter has a maximum of 0LUFS or 0LKFS.

Just let us know where on the meter you're reading "4.4". The value that tells you the loudness should be clear and next to the term "integrated".
Old 14th March 2018
Here for the gear

just found the answer to my question posted by another user.

I also cross referenced integrated loudness readings from waves WLM and Youlean Loudness Meter.
Attached Thumbnails
mloudnessanalyzer question-screen-shot-2018-03-14-11.43.25-am.png  
Old 14th March 2018
Lives for gear

That meter is stupid.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search