The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
S/PDIF Out to jack on Focusrite 18i8?
Old 5th December 2017
Gear Maniac
S/PDIF Out to jack on Focusrite 18i8?

Hi!

I want to use the Strymon Bigsky reverb as a send in my DAW for VST and hardwaresynths. To do this, I want to send the SPDIF output of my Focusrite 18i8 to my Strymon Bigskypedal so that I can send the bigsky signal back to one of my inputs in another channel to record it as an AUX. Im totally not familiar with S/PDIF and want to know if there is some kind of S/PDIF to stereojack solution? If yes, what kind of cable would I need?
Old 6th December 2017
Gear Maniac
no one?
Old 6th December 2017
Gear Maniac

Hi! Spdif carries a digital signal, the inputs on your reverb are analog. So you can't connect these directly, the signal will need to be converted to analog first. You could hook up one of the headphone outputs (not ideal) or get something like a behringer ada8200 for cheap extra analog inputs and outputs to connect hardware to use as inserts in your daw. You'll connect the ada8200 digitally to your Scarlet
Old 17th December 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mplay View Post
Hi! Spdif carries a digital signal, the inputs on your reverb are analog. So you can't connect these directly, the signal will need to be converted to analog first. You could hook up one of the headphone outputs (not ideal) or get something like a behringer ada8200 for cheap extra analog inputs and outputs to connect hardware to use as inserts in your daw. You'll connect the ada8200 digitally to your Scarlet
tnx! I tried the headphone outputtrick, worked to some degree, but this causes feedback at a certain level and if lower, the audiosignal of the reverb is just too soft and guess mediocre digital quality. Now ordered a D/A converter and still waiting on it to be received which I assume will solve the problem!
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

How did you work it out? I also have a Focusrite 6i6 and a bigsky and I am trying to do the same thing (use it as effect sent to my project through the S/PDIF ports).
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
S/PDIF is digital, if you convert it to analog you can use it for analog divices.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search